Want to get creative + meet awesome people? Of course you do.
‘Makers Gonna Make’ is a series of hands-on makers events geared towards the creative citizen who loves learning new skills. This series will combine community + learning a new craft to bring you unique experiences that scratch your creative itch.
This month we’ll learn the art of EMBROIDERY & PATCH MAKING during our ‘Sip N’ Stitch’ event. Remember how the cool kids had patched up jean jackets and jeans? THIS COULD BE YOU!
**Important: bring your own booze to get the creative juices a’flowin.
All the info you’ll need is in the details below – don’t forget to snatch up a reservation quick, we do have limited spots available!
Note: event space is located through the privacy fence and down the stairs.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
–Short tutorial on patch making and embroidery techniques. We provide the thread, needles and patch templates but bring your own if you have something special!
–Plenty of work time to master the art of embroidery. We’ll mainly focus on the 3 areas below:
- Patch making: you’ll leave with a patch to use at home
- Patch making & embroidery: you bring a clothing item you want a patch on, we’ll make the patch and embroider it to the item of clothing during class
- Direct embroidery: you bring a clothing item you want to stitch thread directly onto.
–A fun Sunday evening with fellow makers, conversation & comradery, and finally the knowledge that you can now customize ANYTHING with an awesome patching or touch of embroidery.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 1-2 items to embroider onto: Jean jacket or jeans seem to be the most popular but it’s up to you!
- Any special thread color you’d like to use.
- Any special patch you’d like to include.
- BYOB (something yummy to drink – we’ll provide a bottle opener & cups!)
- Friends! (make sure they sign up here!)
WHAT TO WEAR:
Something comfortable & potentially embroider-able if you get inspired!
ABOUT THE MAKER:
This week you will be taught by the embroidery master Sally Diguette of Country Phresh.
Country Phresh was established in 2014 as a way to share the items Sally made in her home with people just like you. Throughout Country Phresh you will find a variety of items, all handmade by Sally, and each are packaged with love, care, and attention to detail.
She’ll have some of her items onsite for purchase just in case you fall in love!