Want to get creative + meet awesome people? Of course you do!
‘Makers Gonna Make’ is a series of hands-on maker events geared towards the creative citizen who loves learning new skills. This series will combine community + learning a new craft to bring you unique experiences that scratch your creative itch.
This month we’ll learn the art of Shibori indigo dye during our ‘Drink n Dye’ event. Important: bring your own booze to get the creative juices a’flowin.
All the info you’ll need is in the details below – don’t forget to snatch up a reservation quick, we do have a limited number of seats!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Short tutorial in Shibori indigo dye. We provide the dye!
- Plenty of work space and time to dye your items.
- A fun Sunday evening with fellow makers, conversation & comradery, and finally the knowledge that you are a badass Shibori indigo dye master.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 1-2 small items to dye (ex: bandana, pillow case, headband, kerchief, tea towel, cloth napkin)
- BYOB (something yummy to drink – we’ll provide a bottle opener & cups!)
- Plastic bag (to take your dyed goods home)
- Friends! (make sure they sign up through eventbrite!)
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Something you don’t mind getting dye on! We will provide gloves for you.
ABOUT THE MAKER:
This week you will be taught by the indigo dye queen Jenn Lesley. She'll have her items onsite for purchase just in case you fall in love!